I have all sorts of thoughts running through my head tonight but I can't quite get them to settle down. Today was a really wonderful Thanksgiving. It actually felt like a holiday. Our meal was delicious, and the fellowship a real treat. When we left our friends house tonight I remembered quite abruptly that no one around us was celebrating today. All day long it had truly felt like Thanksgiving. We prepared an amazing meal and enjoyed eating it. We had apple cider and homemade pies. We played games and watched a Christmas movie. And then we went outside. It was a completely normal Thursday here. People all around us went to work, school and went about their daily activities. I was reminded that my husband even had to cut class in order to enjoy our day. It made me a little bit sad. I'm so thankful that our country has a day focused on thanks. I'm so thankful that as a child of God I have an opportunity to give thanks to the Giver of all.
Here is a quote and a few verses that have been special to me this Thanksgiving day.
"There is a calmness to a life lived in gratitude, a quiet joy."
Colossians 2:6-7
Therefore, as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, so walk in him, rooted and built up in him and established in the faith, just as you were taught, abounding in thanksgiving.
James 1:17
Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.
Psalm 118:1
Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; for his steadfast love endures forever.
Quite thankful,
Kari
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ditto.
Thankful for you and yours,R
Post a Comment