My morning was so happy. I had a cup of my favorite peppermint tea with lemon and honey, two raisin bran muffins and my Bible and journal (my 16 month old slept in until 8:30 and my time was amazing!!!!).
Many people think my life living in Asia is glamorous and adventurous, and at times it is. But I'm just a normal girl trying to seek this great big God, and the scope of my eyes can only understand a glimpse or a shadow at time.
This past week I was studying Ephesians. I've spent a lot of time meditating on chapter 3:14-21. As it says in verses 18-19 it is my prayer that I "may have strength to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ that surpasses all knowledge..." God really impressed upon my heart how huge He is. He gave me that picture of what I can understand: a glimpse or a shadow, so small and partial. But oh, my desire is to know Him so deeply and to walk with Him so closely, to truly know the whole of Him.
Andrew Murray said in the forward of his book Waiting on God, "The great lack of our faith is that we do not know God. The answer to every complaint of feebleness and failure, the message to every congregation or convention seeking instruction on holiness, ought to simply be, What is the matter: Have you not God? If you really believe in God, He will make everything all right. God is willing and able by His Holy Spirit. Cease from expecting the least good from yourself, or the least help from anything there is in man. Just yield yourself unreservedly to God to work in you. He will do all for you."
So, that is what I desire to do. I strive to yield myself unreservedly to God, to walk closely with Him, to abide in Him, so that He is able by His Holy Spirit to work His good in me. As I finished studying Ephesians tonight the very last verse in the book stood out to me. Ephesians 6;24 says, "Grace be with all who love our Lord Jesus Christ with love incorruptible." That phrase "love incorruptible" caused me to pause and think on my love for the Lord for a little while. In my mind when I think of things that are incorruptible I think of purity, holiness, things that cannot go bad. The more I thought on it the more I realized outside of the power of God I can think of nothing in this world that is incorruptible other than His love. So it is His gift of incorruptible love that allows me to seek Him with in fact that very same incorruptible love.
Father, continue to pour Your grace over me, allowing your strength to be made very present in my abundant weaknesses.
~Kari
P.S. My coffee mug and muffin cups are empty now, but my cup overflows. :-)
2 comments:
I like your PS :)
Thank goodness for the time Dad gaev you to read. It is precious with a little one around! What a gift! :) love you- thank you for sharing... Colleen
Post a Comment