There is so much in my heart bursting to get out. I'm in the middle of a massive life transition. Some days I feel like I'm doing ok...maybe even doing well. Other days I feel like I can barely put one foot in front of the other. I have a young daughter, an amazing husband and I live in a country where I know only several phrases in the language. Daily tasks are difficult and building relationships, well, nearly impossible.
But, I'm here. Only because of His steadfast love. Did you ever notice how many times that phrase "steadfast love" is in the Psalms? In the ESV it is repeated 126 times in the Psalms and 194 in the whole Bible. His love is so amazing. Yesterday was a real low point for me. My daughter is petite, still nursing and not eating solid food consistently enough. Our old stand-by was scrambled eggs. She rejected the scrambled eggs. She is asking to nurse all the time but really needs to start slowing down...
Anyway, I was really in anguish, just crying out to God, asking Him to help me care for my 16 month old. He lead me to Psalm 59:16-17.
"But I will sing of your strength; I will sing aloud of your steadfast love in the morning. For you have been to me a fortress and a refuge in the day of my distress. O my Strength, I will sing praises to you, for you, O God, are my fortress, the God who shows me steadfast love."
So, I'm here to share my songs. I sing in spite of distress, confusion, fears, and failures. I sing because His steadfast love is amazing.
~Kari
Thursday, October 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
hi there, you've really been on our minds a lot. i'm so glad that i'm able to know a little of what's happening in your life. the blog postings are really a beautiful picture of a life lived in faith and love to our Lord. it encourages my faith journey with Him. so thanks. i cant imagine the transition and cultural shock you must have and maybe even still experiencing. But i am encouraged by the fact that we serve a real and dynamic God who is actively caring for us. He will carry you through all things.
I hope your little one is eating better. I will pray for her, and ask my prayer group to keep her in their prayers.
love, angie
Post a Comment