Friday, May 15, 2009

Presence. Presents.

His presence these past couple of days has been an absolute gift to me. Jet-lag is a funny thing. My body is heavy, feeling like I should be in a deep sleep, but my mind is racing. Yesterday morning from about 4:30 on I couldn't sleep. Finally, about 7:30 I got out of bed and grabbed the ipod and my Bible. As I sat there and listened to a couple of songs His glory filled my heart. I am truly overwhelmed at the present of His presence. I don't know if this is really what was going on, but after living in a spiritually dark place for the past 7 months it felt totally different to be back here. The spiritual climate feels different. I felt so free, just sitting in His presence and worshiping Him.

I read this..."We do not want you to be uninformed, brothers, about the hardships we suffered in the province of Asia. We were under great pressure, far beyond our ability to endure, so that we despaired even of life. Indeed, in our hearts we felt the sentence of death. But this happened that we might not rely on ourselves but on God, who raises the dead. He has delivered us from such a deadly peril, and he will deliver us. On him we have set our hope that he will continue to deliver us, as you help us by your prayers. Then many will give thanks on our behalf for the gracious favor granted us in answer to the prayers of many." 2 Corinthians 1:8-11.

In my need for Father, His love, His grace, His guidance, His strength, His faithfulness...HIS presence--I have learned the purpose of hardship, trial, suffering, difficulty is simply my need for Him. If life is easy, if my days are rosy then I have no true relationship. I might acknowledge God with my words or actions, but I am not in need of Him. The beauty of my relationship with God is that I am desperate for Him and it is His desire to freely give (and give abundantly) of Himself.

Oh, I want to be thirsty. The last couple of days have been slow. When my brain is working my body is tired, and when my body is awake during the day my brain wants to sleep. So here I am...I've been up since 4:00 this morning with my mind racing and He has calmed me with His present of presence.

If you haven't read the words to the song, "Worth It All" in the post below, I invite you to. "I'm desperately seeking, frantic believing that the sight of Your face is all that I need."

He is so worth it.
Enjoy the present of His presence today.
Kari

No comments: