A friend of mine (hi R) recently commented that she often came here hoping to read about what God is doing in my life. Things have been busy lately. I have been challenged to really use each moment of each day to bring glory to God. More than anything this has really been a challenge to be selfless-- in the way I serve my family, in the way I serve God, in the way I push through the BCD's (that is bad language/culture days--thanks R), in the way I seek to always be prepared to share a reason for the hope that I have. I've been spending more time in God's word in the morning, more time singing praises to my King with my daughter...I've been cooking more meals for my family, studying language on my down time. God has been working so much here. We had an opportunity last weekend to go to a friends home and talk about Easter with them. The entire story was communicated effectively. Father, Mother, Grandmother, Aunt, Friend, Niece all heard the truth that can give them life. We left a dvd with them hoping they would watch it later. My friend told me two days later that the entire family had watched it and her father had watched it twice. Yesterday I was able to share with a friend in the morning and my new tutor in the afternoon.
With days so full time flies. I'm thankful that my friend asked me again to write about what I am learning. I need time to sit and reflect on all that is going on around me. Today was a really hard day. My husband had a BCD and it impacted his mood and mine. Sometimes I don't know what to do or say, and nothing seems to help. But God was quick to call my heart to Himself and to lift my husband to Him. It was a little bit ironic. I was making dinner and seething, just almost at whits end, so I prayed for him and he almost immediately did a complete mood turnaround...the ironic thing was that by that point I was already completely sucked into the bad mood. So now tonight I've been constently asking forgiveness for my bad mood and seeking God to help me be slow to anger and quick to love. WHEW! I guess this is what real-time refinement looks like. Father is teaching me and all the while offering me ways to practice what He's preaching. I hope to be more consistent in writing on here in the coming weeks. It really blesses my life and I hope it blesses yours. I also thank you for praying for me and my family as we continue to seek to sacrifice ourselves for the glory of God.
Singing His Song,
Kari
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yeah! New posts! I'm wondering what was happening in Dumpling Heaven! We miss you and your family. Praying all the time for communication, peace, and understanding. Much love to you girl!
Always like to read your posts and learn how better to pray. LU!
Post a Comment